(905) 262-8463
Cart 0 items: $0.00

1802

Wm. Woodruff House is originally built by David Secord (the namesake of St. Davids)

1814

Wm. Woodruff house destroyed when village is burned by American troops; house is re-built incorporating original fireplace and chimney

1815-1860

Additions to Wm. Woodruff house are completed, including summer kitchen, front section, and parlor

1867

Farm property purchased by David Jackson Lowrey.

1869

First grapes planted (500 vines) - first commercial vineyard in the area

1900

David's son Edwin David Lowrey takes over farm - grows tender fruit like peaches, cherries, pears, plums, apples, grapes, as well as asparagus, celery, currants, lawton berries

1900

During this time, E.D. Lowrey also owns the village General Store, the Post Office, the Queenston Quarry, "Sand and Gravel" quarry, and the Lowrey Bros. Canning factory

1969

Woodruff house is dismantled and moved to Caledon; drawings done by architect Finn Fris in February 1970

2003

House is sold to Blair and Norma Jane to allow it to return to the village of St. Davids

2004

Jane Burgess of Stevens Burgess Architects incorporates 'House of Nations" into her streetscape concept of the Winery

2007

Construction begins for the entire complex

2008

Ravine Vineyard Estate Winery opens to the public; after 40 years, the "House of Nations" re-opens to the public on July 30th

2011

Restaurant Build-out and Wood Oven constructed

2017

Lowrey Farm's 150th anniversary coincides with Canada 150 celebrations

2019

Event and Celebrations building has been completed